Flatshot in model space not the same as in paper space ???

Yoosetsu

Hi everyone,

I made a flatshot in modelspace of my model (has tubes at some places), showing the obscured lines (dashed) and tangential lines. I did this for the front en left views of my model. Now this works perfect in model space:lol:, but when I make up some viewports in paper space and I get those flatshots on screen, the obscured lines aren't dashes anymore, but solid lines:shock::x. Why is this ? Is there some hidden variable that has to be changed ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

What is LTSCALE, MSLTSCALE and PSLTSCALE set to?

They are all set to "1".

In fact, I tried other ways to get what I want also. In ACAD 2008 it worked fine, but in ACAD 2011 it seems not to do what I want. When I set the viewstyle to hidden and than set vsobscuredltype to 2 and vsobscurededges to 1, I had the result I wanted in ACAD 2008, but it seems it is not the same in ACAD 2011. The internal tangential lines aren't displayed in ACAD 2011... When I set the edges type to "isolines" instead of "facet edges" in the visual styla manager, I almost get what I want. The problem is that he draws all 4 quadrants and that's not what I want. I only want those internals visual. So the three ways to do it, was via flatshot, section plane --> generate section (2D) or viewing the model in hidden view style with visible hidden edges...

In fact, I found the exact thing I wanted, but it doesn't seem the right thing to do... I'll try to explain briefly... When you have drawn a cylinder (say my model), cut it in 2 with section plane and generate a 3D section to be inserted as a block. When viewing this block in hidden viewstyle with the vsobscuredltype to "2", I get exactly what I want. Now, I suppose there must be an easier solution, no? Otherwise I just stick to the long solution... What d'ya think?