annotative dimensions losing the scale visually speaking

KiLLiNG-TiME

Hi guys & girls

As you can see from my picture my team is again having problems with annotative dimensions losing the scale visually speaking!

dim issue2.jpg

SELECTIONANNODISPLAY set it to 0 & ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, these dimensions only have a few scales, but i dont understand whats causing this, any help is appreciated (again) i can fix it but i would like to know what is causing this issue to stop it happening again if possible. Scale is 1:100 for both dimensions clouded they have the correct annotative scale & visibilty is set to 1:100 current scale only, am i missing something ?

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

I am certainly not making light of your situation but your post, along with many more by others having problems with annotative scaling, just reinforces in me the notion that electing to do all text and dimensioning in my layout has been a sound decision. The number of commands/variables that can influence the display/output can be perplexing to deal with it appears.

Conversely, when annotative scaling works right I'm sure it is a godsend to those who need to make use of it.

Ahhhh.......no. Problematic........yes. At least until one becomes comfortable with it and fully conversed in the ways things can get screwed up and how to fix them. This thread is a case in point. If I were an architect or in a field where I utilized many details required to be shown at various different scales I'd be all over annotative scaling. I'm not...and...I don't.

I have to say when it works it works well, but it does take some getting used to as it seems a little temperamental & maybe prone to a few user errors ...

I have just run a recover on the drawing which granted i should have done stright away, but i got caught up in beliveing it was the annotation dim itself.

My audit found this

Command: _audit

Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] : Y

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 12500 objects audited

Invalid registered-application name "" found.

Changed to "AUDIT_I_101026162754-2".

Pass 1 17200 objects audited

Invalid registered-application name "说©" found.

Changed to "AUDIT_I_101026162754-3".

Pass 1 36000 objects audited

Auditing Entities Pass 2

Pass 2 36000 objects audited

Auditing Blocks

650 Blocks audited

Total errors found 2 fixed 2

Erased 0 objects

Now after a regen the dimensions all seem fixed, still i am not sure what has caused this as i haven't seen that error before & i oftern run the CleanupRegapp utility, which i did on friday btw, hence me not looking for errors stright away, but if i am not mistaken that looks like a copyright issue??

ReMark your right it is a godsend sometimes.

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

Kill: I'm glad to hear you arrived at a solution so quickly. I hope you know my comments were not meant to disparge your use of annotative scaling. No offense was intended.

Kill: I'm glad to hear you arrived at a solution so quickly. I hope you know my comments were not meant to disparge your use of annotative scaling. No offense was intended.

Of course & none was taken, as ever i appreciate all your help.

(yes you guessed it I am a Cad Manager for Architects so am all over annotation like jam "jelly" & peanut butter on toast :))

As you can see from my .dws screen shot which links to my palette's, that i have indeed embraced annotation & am pushing its use forwards within the company a risk indeed but i feel it has paid off imho.

My seedfile.jpg

It has saved the team hours & hours of work, you just have to control the use of it rather well, the dws is in turn linked into the cad checker which doesnt allow any changes & is set to autofix errors, all in all i say its working well for this project, i have trained the team & myself in its use & trained myself before i turned it on them, well in truth i used another project as a guinea pig in which i ironed out most problems (dont tell them that though) still we do have the odd issue which you saw above but we are getting better :)

Mutli-leaders with a block with attributes are my fav though i have to say, they work really well & palettes you just have to remeber to tell everybody to right click & redefine a block as dragging off the palette will not update it in the drawing ( i wish there was an auto redefine command for blocks & attsync all command, now that would be something.

Thanks again for everybodys help, this web sight has helped me more than you all know am so glad i found you all.