rotating annotative text - what's up with that?

CyberAngel

Has this ever happened to you? You have a plan at two scales, let's say 10 ft and 20 ft. You use annotative text because you need the same labels on both plans. You create a piece of text, no problem. You have the scale set at 20 ft and you rotate the text. When you go to 10 ft, the text has not rotated, so you rotate it. When you go back to 20 ft, you find the text has rotated the way it was supposed to in the first place, only now you don't want that.

The only solution I've found for problems like this is to delete the text and create it again. And every few minutes you have to audit the drawing just so you can work with annotative text at all. It's more trouble than it's worth.

• 2 years later...

I say, what's up with that?? Here's a sort-of fix. Set your annotation to one scale. Manually type in the rotation angle for the text. Set annotation to the other scale. Manually type in the other rotation angle. That doesn't seem to affect the "shadow" text, i.e. the version of the text at the other scale. If you have an odd angle, try doing as many as you can at one time. By "odd" I mean an angle like 247d25'52" as opposed to 270d0'0", not odd as opposed to even.