Unable to run Autocad! help!

sisterh00dz

I just downloaded Autocad 2010, after installation, i click the launch shortcut at my desktop.

But i can't seem to go past this error message:

"UNABLE TO RUN AUTOCAD. THIS MAY BE DUE TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. THIS VERSION OF AUTOCAD WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.....

2. YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS

I have been uninstalled it a number of times, but the error message still continues...

Please help me anyone!

Thanks! (:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• sisterh00dz

• Jack_O'neill

• Cad64

Do you have sufficient rights?

There is a recommended procedure for uninstalling AutoCAD before trying to reinstall. I don't suppose you knew that did you?

This is the second person I've seen on this forum to have this problem, and I had it myself on a client's XP machine. The problem I has was that it was already installed, I'd been using it for months, and it just started doing this. Gives the same error. And to add more craziness yet, Trueview did it too and it had been on there longer than 2010. That machine did contract a virus that I had to get a pro to remove and it started it after that. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I was almost finished with what I was doing for them, so I wrapped up that project at home. Never did figure out how to get it to work, and I don't know if they ever got it resolved. Thier IT guy was going to reformat the harddrive and reinstall everything.

I would not recommend reformatting your hard drive.

This is the third and last time I'm going to ask the question...

Do you have full admin rights to your computer?

You wrote in your first post that one of the messages you were getting was...

"YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT RIGHTS"

Read this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

Edited by ReMark

I wouldn't recommend formatting the hard drive either. The IT guy at that company uses that as a solution for anything he can't figure out. In my case, I did have full admin rights, as I said, it was working and then suddenly stopped.

This link has a possible solution: http://avatechsupport.blogspot.com/2009/09/failed-to-launch-autocad-2010.html

Seems that the problem is widespread and has to do with the .NET Framework 3.51 sp 1 install, or at least that's what this link talks about.

Here is another link that mentions an error in the registry that may cause it, and if not goes on to talk about the .NET installation too. http://appliedtg.wordpress.com/category/launching-issues/. The error we've been discussing is the second article on the page. I didn't find any of this information when I was having the problem, so maybe enough people have squawked about it now that there are some solutions churning to the surface.

I dunno...would it? It's seem pretty obvious to me if things stop working after the service pack is installed. I didn't think about it at the time, but the place i mentioned kept all the automatic updates turned on, so it may have downloaded that service pack without me being aware. It updated something or other often enough that I got so I ignored it. I have automatic updates turned off here (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) except for my antivirus.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't know enough about .net to discuss it but nearly every site I went to looking for an answer to this question today had something to do with either registry errors or .net framework problems. Is it the problem? I really don't know.

I've seen where .NET Framework problems crop up when someone tries updating .NET and fails to follow recommended procedures for uninstalling one version and installing another.

I'm aware that back in 2008 there was a bug in NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for which MS released a hotfix.

Maybe it's a problem with the OP's antivirus program?

I have tried running the software in full admin rights using administrator account, but still, the same error occurs...

If that is the case then we're back to the "version not installed properly" error.

Just to verify, you have a 32-bit (pr 64-bit) system and you are installing a 32-bit (or 64-bit) version of AutoCAD?

I don't understand why you are having so many problems.

I've dug through dozens of pages on the Autodesk discussion forum about this problem, and it all keeps coming back to either a corrupted .net file, a registry error, or both. The solution that keeps getting suggested there is to completely uninstall the offending autodesk product and all versions of the .net framework, then reinstall the autodesk product. I say "product" because this problem affects a wide range of different packages.

I'm using a 32 bit OS... i download the 32 bit version too.

if i want to fully uninstall autocad, how do i do it?

right now i'm just uninstalling from control panel-programs.

Thanks everyone for their time in giving me advice!

I have solved the problem by reformatting my laptop aha!

now my autocad can load as normal (: