A couple of questions regarding scene pics on Autodesk Inventor 2011

Ste1978

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding these scene selections. Here I have attached one called 'country road'

I was wondering if;

a) You can change these scenes and insert your own image - if so, are there any tutorials on how to do this?

b) Can these scene styles be rendered in Inventor Studio?

Scene.jpg

Hi Ste1978,

Yes you can easily change the background scheme. All you have to do is copy a new image into the Inventor "Backgrounds" directory and it will be available to you for rendering.

I tend to download a lot of free images off the internet that I use for both materials, textures and backgrounds. Obviously the better the image, the better the result.

Attached is an image that I took from the internet, placed the reed diffuser model to look as though it is resting on the table, adjusted the lighting and then rendered it in Studio. I don't think that it is a particularly good example, but it will suffice. I would not want to use this for commercial purposes as I would be concerned about copyright (for the table design).

It is generally best to take your own pictures or get permission of the owner to use the one you want. However, almost everything you might need is available on the web.

I hope this answers your first question.

As far as tutorials go, I suggest you look on the web for those too. This is a subject that is best demonstrated rather than explained verbally. If you cannot find what you want send me a PM and I will attempt to explain my methods.

Regards,

Dave

reed_diffuser and coffee table.jpg

Edited by Hopinc