How to use unfold surface

Johnathan Chen

Hi there,

Just singed into this forum. I would appreciate the help of you guys, when needed. And of course, if I can eventually help, i will.

Just as the topic title says, i want to unfold a surface of a frustum cone.

I just installed the plug in: unfold surface.

But somehow it doesn't do what it says.

when i want to use the command i get this error: error: You must select surface entity!

what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

JC

I converted the solid to a surface, but still getting the error :?

Sideline information: I am also new to 3D modeling, so maybe i am doing something totally wrong.

for years I've been using autocad, but only 2D modeling.

Been using sketchup for 3D.

HELLO there ! hey, I am going throu the same problem here . I don`t get the same error like U, I have a surface to unfold, I have installed the program (by the way , are you using the software from solid3dtech or U got`it from someone else ?) , I enter the "unfoldsurf" command , select the surface to unfold, press enter , then it prompts me to select curves , points , for unfolding, but as I try to select a line , I get selected all the surface and I don`t manage to unfold the surface ! Could U please tell me what I`m doing wrong and how I should proceed ? Thank U ! Regards !

Edited by airsoldier2001

I'm using the software from solid3tech. when you press the command, then select the surface. after that, i ignored the commands and just pressed enter. the 2d surface of your 3d model should be generated automatically. maybe you can't see it at once, because of your view.press the 'top view' and then you'll see your out-folded (2d) surface.

I think it`s something else , I`ve turned the view all up and down, and all around, but I can`t get the unfolded plan of the surface .I can`t believe`it I got stuck so close to the finish :(

That really sucks..! but as i said earlier, i'm not used to 3D modelling in autocad. So this is all i could think of that could've been wrong. Sorry i cant't help out.. :(

I think my problems come from the software , I can`t even unfold the samples from solid3d examples . Is it possible to send U my project and do the unfolding for me ? There are like 4+1 surfaces to unfold .Thanks !