making slope from one circle to other

endlasuresh

i am drawing for a product which has slopes and the other question is extrude cut

1.I have made a square of 124mm and trying to cut a circle of 124mm.Is it possible to cut same size

2.I have drawn 2 circles one is 69mm and 55 mm as i need to make slope of 0.5 mm from 55mmdiamter to 69 mm diameter.let me know how to make it

spr1.zip

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• endlasuresh

• shift1313

• JD Mather

1.yes

2. since you know the start and end diameters its probably best for you to do a Loft. Draw your 69mm circle. Create an offset workplane at the distance you need then draw your 55mm circle on it. Loft between the two.

It cuts through just fine. You end up with 4 bodies because of the zero thickness thing but thats to be expected. If you actually bore a hole through a block of the same size you get the same result. What is your end goal?

I tried but does not getting can you give some screen shot what i am missing

See attached. It also works if I change the diameter to Ø125 as you stated in a previous post.

Extrude-Cut.png

jd mather

It is cutting through all but it is not cutting to some portion

see the screenshot

It looks like their is something wrong with me and it shows as i am selecting circle plus square.

sp.jpg

The only way it will work is if you cut "through all" in which case you will have 4 pieces. Because of the zero thickness issue it will not allow a partial extrude-cut. Does that make sense why?

ok

Well here two more questions

1 can i able to print the slopes in drawing.I mean the operator should know the slopes.

2.I have products and needed to post on my site but i may want to color the component ?

ok

Well here two more questions

1 can i able to print the slopes in drawing.I mean the operator should know the slopes.

2.I have products and needed to post on my site but i may want to color the component ?

1. you should be able to add an angular dimension to the slope

2. what is your question? If your question is "can you color components" yes. When you place a view you have options for shaded view or wireframe views. If you do a shaded view any materials/appearances you applied to the part in your model/assembly will show up.

I got here another problem which is the dimension font has became small.I cant read such type of size font.Can you tell how to increase dimension font size?

When you select the dimension the properties window pops up. There are tabs at the top that say Value, Leaders, Other. On the other tab there is a Text Fonts box. Its set that all dimensions follow the document font set in the properties. If you deselect the check box you can click on the Font... button and change the text type and size.

• 3 weeks later...
1. you should be able to add an angular dimension to the slope

Well i tried from last 3 to 4 days to get the angular dimension but i am getting distance between the two circles.Please let me know how can i get angular dimension or change to angular dimension

thanks

Ive got your file open now but im having some issues with what you are actually doing. What is it you are trying to draw here? You made Loft1 which is a cone that is 0.5mm tall but you immediately remove it with Extrude-cut 16. This means there is no slope for you to measure in a drawing file. Can you post a picture or describe what you are drawing? There are a lot of extra steps and planes that you could probably do without.

Well I have a product of sprocket and the teeths have slopes the top of teeth is 4.5 and bottom of teeth is 5.5 so the slope is 0.5 on both sides.the top part of this sprocket diameter is 69 and bottom part is 61

I have mentioned in earlier post 55 but that is just sample.I dont know how i removed that but idrawn on alternate days this may be made wrong and i forgotten the lofts which i drawn.

here what i need presently is the angle since the operator has told me that he need the angle measurements.Ill post screenshot now

Sprocket.jpg