how do i get rid of these anyoing boxes and reset the old settings,

ocsor

how do i get rid of these white boxes on my lines... Picture 1

im using cad 2011 for mac. i have probably clicked some setting in the ortho or snap buttons or something, should i just reset to the old settings and if so how?

thanks very much for your help...

My god thank you so much, that was so annoying.

I could see where it would be.

You're entirely welcomed. :)

And welcome to the CADTutor forum.

Hiding them doesn't disable them, nor does it prevent them from being added to objects you draw in the future. You may want to turn off the "Infer Constraints" button on the far left side of the status bar, and delete the existing constraints you already have unless you intended for them to be there in the first place.

i found the status bar ha..... but cant really find where to turn off "Infer Constraints" maybe its different in autocad for mac.. also if i turn Infer Constraints off would they then be off when i log into cad next time or would i do this every time..

Thanks again for your help. i vow when i become a cad legend i will help others like me...

If you turn them off, they'll stay off until you turn them back on (or accidentally click the button again :wink: )

I haven't seen much of AutoCAD for Mac, but the button should be grouped with the GRID, ORTHO, OBJECT SNAP, etc buttons or you can control it by typing CONSTRAINTINFER at the command line

CONSTRAINTINFER

Type: Bitcode

Saved in: Registry

Initial value: 0

Controls whether the geometric constraints are inferred while drawing and editing geometry.

0 Geometric constraints are not inferred

1 Geometric constraints are inferred

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACDMAC/2011/ENU/filesAUGMAC/WS1a9193826455f5ff141599191216e0afc23-75fd.htm

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the information. I am working on a trial version and those things were taking over my drawing. Why don't they scale as you zoom in or out? I had a section where they totally obscured the drawing.

Well, I am new to the program so I haven't figured out what good they are yet or if I want to use them. Problem is they got applied to a dense group of objects and when I zoomed out to see the larger picture the boxes completely obscured the objects. They stay a consistent size no matter how far I zoom in or out. I am working on a trial version of 2012 for Mac and I would remove the button from the Status Bar to prevent clicking on it if I knew how.

How did you get the boxes to scale with the objects? Someone at Autodesk Forums sent me a link to a support page that describes Parametric Constraints but it was gibberish to me!

I don't know about Mac, but I just assumed they normally scale as shown in the video above. (also watch the related videos that come up after mine finished playing) If you don't want constraints though, it would be best to change the "CONSTRAINTINFER" variable to 0 from the status bar, or by typing it into the command line.

I'm pretty sure you have a "Parametric" tab on the Mac Ribbon, if not type DelConstraint at the command line to delete all the existing constraints

Here's a demo on regular AutoCAD http://www.screencast.com/t/YJiepyQPiF

:) Thanks, that works. I'm just curious about why they stay so big? I am working on a plan for a 100,000 store. If all the fixtures have one or more of these constraints and you zoom out to see the whole plan they would block everything on the screen! Maybe the developers need to add a toggle to turn it off in those instances. Or give you the ability to set the zoom limit they are visible at. Let's face it, you have to be pretty close in to use them so why have the boxes visible at a high zoom level?

• 2 weeks later...

to delete all the constraints , select the constrained object, then type delconstraint and all the constraints on that obeject will be gone.