how to view door swing

davidmehan

Hi,

I am just getting used to using the blocks that come with the design tool catalog. I have a standard single door that I am inserting into a wall. I cannot figure out how to show the swing of the door in my model view. I can see it in the work viewport, but that's it. I can't see it in my secondary layout either.

thanks,

newb

I'm a bit unsure just what you are asking.

Re: door swing. Do you want to know if the door should swing into a room or out?

Re: "can't see it..." Do you mean the door does not appear in a second viewport?

Tell me if I'm understanding you correctly...you've modeled the door and wall in 3d, but you want to see the little door swing symbol in the model like you would if you were looking at the floorplan in a 2d plan view, right?

If you're using standard door block that includes the door, the jamb opening, and an arc representing the swing, I can't imagine how any of those 3 components wouldn't be displayed.

door.jpg

Is this what you're trying to do?

door swing.jpg

If you've modeled the floor, and I'm assuming you have, you'll have to make sure the door swing indicator has a z value that is above the floor, if only a couple thousandths of an inch or it won't be visible.