Dwg (autocad2008) to Ipt( inventor20010) converter, export ?

airsoldier2001

Hello there ! I try to unfold some curved surfaces in autocad with the "Unfoldsurf For AutoCAD" aplication from solid3dtech ,but for some reason I can`t make`it happen no matter what version of autocad I try (2007,2008,2010) ,not even the sample file provided from 3dsolidtech ! However I tried with the inventor2010 and I can unfold the sample file , but now I need to convert(export) the dwg (autocad2008) file to an ipt (inventor2010) so I can finally make my project . I could really use some help on this one, I have like 3 nights wasted trying to finish the plans for this project ... :oops::?:x

Regards !

File>Open... Options, set to Import, then Open and follow the wizzard.

Or, in AutoCAD acisout and then open the *.sat in Inventor.

Set the sheet metal styles to correct thickness.

or

attach the dwg file here. (better yet, in the Inventor section of the forum where you should have posted this question)

I tried the first solution but after I select Import and then open, there is no wizzard showing up, , it just oped the file , and if I try to "save as" there is no *itp saving option .

The second solution looks difficult for a beginner like me . I first try to figure out how to "acisout" ... and I don`t know if I will manage to unfold the surfaces in *sat format .

I attach the file also , even if I really want to learn how to do this , but at least I will know that is possible :) Thank U very much for your time ! Regards !

test.dwg

OK, finally I made`it , the acisout command did the job , now I can do unfoldings on my own !!! Thank you very much for your help ! Best regards !