Caddalog maker

stevesfr

Hello all...

years ago there was a program called The_Caddalog_Maker. It worked well with Ac14 etc.

anyone know of a similar program that will run with A2000+.

(it had the ability to make index sheets (8x11) of jillions of blocks.

thx

Steve

Thats kind of odd, When I go directly to the company that make it, The site says no longer in business.

http://www.sectorpages.com/_rel/www.caddalog.com/245292

And if one downloads "The_Caddalog_Maker_2000_V6_04_21.exe it won't install because somehow the exe file it tied to the net site which no longer exists. At least it won't install me, probably because it doesn't find AC2000 or AC2000i. It tries to modify something which doesn't exist in AC2008+. Oh, well, the joys of ACad updates ! !

Steve

And if one downloads "The_Caddalog_Maker_2000_V6_04_21.exe it won't install because somehow the exe file it tied to the net site which no longer exists. At least it won't install me, probably because it doesn't find AC2000 or AC2000i. It tries to modify something which doesn't exist in AC2008+. Oh, well, the joys of ACad updates ! !

Steve

That sucks. What did it do?

That sucks. What did it do?

I tried to run the exe file as one would normally do, you can see all 200+ files in the winzip window, but for some reason they won't extract (that is, the directory which should contain the extracted files is always empty, I couldn't even extract one of the 200+ files) This is weird, because I'm not a noooobe with ACad, winzip. I doubt if Vista is screwing things up. I'll take the exe file over to another computer tomorrow morning for the heck of it. I guess one may be nuts for having more than a couple hundred blocks anyway.

Steve

The first link is just a place to submit programs. It was dated 2005.

Thats odd because I downloaded an exe file. I was not sure if I wanted to install this on my system, So I did not. After reading your posts further I see its dependant on the site being up and running, But they are no longer in business as I found out. I am not certain if it works or not.

Sorry

Edited by The Buzzard

Sorry, I meant what does the program do, what's its function?

From the site with the download:

The CADDalog Maker 2000!

Do you have hundreds or thousands of drawings, blocks, and symbols scattered in multiple directories on your hard drive?

Do you wish there was a FAST and EASY way to put ALL these drawings, blocks, and symbols on 8x11 sheets of paper for 3 hole punching and easy reference in a notebook?

Do you wish you could just as EASILY create a pulldown ICON image menu for visual insertion of your blocks?

Have you spent countless hours trying to organize your drawings, blocks, and symbols, but to no avail, because the task is just TOO LARGE?

Wouldn�ft it be great if you could start AutoCAD, run a very simple program, and get 8x11 pages and ICON screen menus of ALL the drawings, blocks, symbols, on your computer and network?

• 4 months later...

I know this is an older post, but I too used CADDalog for some years and I am still using R14, but when I transitioned to XP, CADDalog Ver4 would not install.

I have since found out that I can set up the right directory and just transfer the necessary .LSP & .DCL files over and copy the POP pull down menu over to ACAD.MNS or whatever menu and it runs OK.

Everything runs in Autocad which is nice, I was missing not being able to make up an image tile menu and create the hard copy illustrations.

I see no reason why it should not be upward compatible with later versions of Cad?

Max.