plot to pdf

dena_r

how can i plot my .dwg to pdf when under the plot/printing drop down there is no 'dwg to pdf' option? if used to be there before.

thanks in advance.

Do you know when or how the "DWG to PDF" option disappeared? Did you upgrade something?

One option might be to get a new PDF plotter driver. I use "Cute PDF," which does a good job with larger plans, and it's free. You should also be able to get one from Adobe, which works fine for smaller drawings.

how can i plot my .dwg to pdf when under the plot/printing drop down there is no 'dwg to pdf' option? if used to be there before.

thanks in advance.

File, plotter manager, add a plotter wizard, use the my computer option, continue from there.

• 3 months later...

Saw this http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/plotprint/plot-pdf-natively in Cadalyst today and this is great (as far as I am concerned). I searched and found the DWG to PDF.pc3 file and included in my plotters. I like the ability to turn layers off and on, in the PDF file.

But I went to another station in the company and while we could plot with the .pc3, the pdf file that it created did not have the layers listed on the left like it was on my machine. Why? What is the setting to show the layers?

Saw this http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/plotprint/plot-pdf-natively in Cadalyst today and this is great (as far as I am concerned). I searched and found the DWG to PDF.pc3 file and included in my plotters. I like the ability to turn layers off and on, in the PDF file.

But I went to another station in the company and while we could plot with the .pc3, the pdf file that it created did not have the layers listed on the left like it was on my machine. Why? What is the setting to show the layers?

in the plotter window.. Select Dwg to PDF.pc3.. then click on the properties button. Then click on Custom properties in the tree.. you'll see a button at the bottom of the window to open a new window.. in there at the bottom is the option to toggle saving layer info for PDF files..