3D model on a website

WodMarsden

Hello everyone,

I dont have a clue about websites and so on,i am a CAD designer.I have been asked whether a 3d interactable model i have drawn in sketchup,can be put on a website and still be able to interact with it?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The state of 3D models in a browser is still a sorry affair. There are solutions out there but none of them is fully cross-browser, a lot of them require initial additional download from the visitor etc. If you know what OS and web browser the majority of your website visitors use (Google Analytics is a good free tool that will give you this data) then you can perhaps find a solution that works for most of them.

Sorry for the vague answer but that’s how it is.

Siim Teller / http://grabcad.com

• 2 years later...

I am also used it but there are lots of issue appear during the using of this software. Big problems that we facing is that their no data on the web. When we talk Photo shop it's really amazing and helpful for designer and can get many simple from online resource.

• 4 months later...

Indeed their viewer is pretty nice... One of the best-looking I've seen so far

But you can't download the model? What's the use for the platform then? I don't understand... ?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you render it out with Keyshot you can upload it to your website and rotate and zoom as a real time render.

• 9 months later...

Autodesk fusion360 allows you to share(and even let people download) your files in a browser. They also give you an embedded link you can use. Works pretty well.