AutoCAD Command Prompt when there is no drawings in Acad Editor.

muck

I am making a open command that controls autocads Default directory using VBA and Lisp.

My program will use open common dialog box to open a drawing with the last default dir

set by the previous saved drawing. No matter if Autocad is open by Ms Explorier or AutoCAD

open command. I use lisp to open my VBA open program at the command prompt. Maybe I

can change an AutoCAD menu macro to do the same thing?

Thank you,

I am making a open command that controls autocads Default directory using VBA and Lisp.

My program will use open common dialog box to open a drawing with the last default dir

set by the previous saved drawing. No matter if Autocad is open by Ms Explorier or AutoCAD

open command. I use lisp to open my VBA open program at the command prompt. Maybe I

can change an AutoCAD menu macro to do the same thing?

On my system, the last directory used is the 'default' directory for the open dialog ... what am I missing? :?

mine also, when ever i use the open command it opens the last directory i was in that i opend a file in. are we not understanding what you want to accomplish?

Perhaps something like this will be useful:

(defun c:TEST (/ fileName)
 (vl-load-com)
 (cond (*acadApp*) ((setq *acadApp* (vlax-get-acad-object))))
 (if (setq fileName (getfiled "Select File" "[color=red]YourFilePathGoesHere[/color]" "dwg" )
   (vla-put-activedocument *acadApp* 
     (vla-open (vla-get-documents *acadApp*) fileName :vlax-false)))
 (princ))

Note - Code will not function if SDI = 1.

Hope this helps!