Hiding lines behind a 'white' hatch - attached image explains what I mean, pls help.

Ste1978

I have attached a picture which I hope explains what I want.

Basically, the grid lines in the background are part of the drawing and I need these included on the prints. However, where I have the circle shown on the picture (with the words LIC inside), you can obviously see the grid lines in the backdrop. Is there a way to fill the circle with 'white' colour so the grid lines are no longer visible?

I tried hatching, but cannot select 'white' as a colour as this appears as back! Any ideas? I do not want to break the grid lines for a number of reasons as the drawing may move position.

Thanks

Stephen

Image1.jpg

trim > select lines and circle > right click > select line inside circle

explode > if its a block you can explode it and select that line delete, draw a new grid line outside circle and make a new block

trim option is what i would do

just a thought

Why would you need grid lines on a process piping and instrumentation diagram in the first place? Looks like you are trying to replicate a draw done on quadrille paper.

How about a wipeout instead of a hatch?

That will work but you cannot use a circle (the LIC instrument depicted in OP's image) since the object needs to be a closed polyline. However, you can make a polygon, circumscribed about a circle, just make sure it has so many sides (50?) that unless you zoom in really close you wouldn't know it is not a circle. This polygon then can be used to create the wipeout.

Why would you need grid lines on a process piping and instrumentation diagram in the first place? Looks like you are trying to replicate a draw done on quadrille paper.

I am replicating a P & ID, the client has asked for the grid lines on. Simples.

Thanks for the advice, I will try said suggestions.