Polar Tracking not snapping to polar angles

dayandow4

I am working in AutoCAD 2008 and my polar tracking is working but not quite like I am used to. when my cursor approaches an angle that I want to draw at (set in my polar tracking settings) I would like that the cursor snaps to that angle. it used to do that but I share a computer at work and I thing the setting was changed by someone else on accident.

thanks

right-click at the POLAR-button at the bottom of the screen and select Settings and set the angles that you need/want in there. Oh, and make sure that POLAR is active :)

..aaaand just noticed that you refered to the Settings so perhaps you have done this.

Is the problem that it is not snapping at all to the dotted lines, i.e. the dotted lines don't show up? Or does it not snap "hard" enough?

well...when you see the dotted line, then it is snapped to it... don't know how you are used to having it - perhaps Ortho? Though Ortho is just the 90-degree-lines

Yeah you are right it is snapped but just not as hard (I mean I want it to snap to that angle from further away), currently if I barely move my mouse the dotted line disappears. I don't know what happened. but to test it i went to my neighbors computer and it worked ( do you know how I could reset defaults)