Losing cursor exiting block editor

kevins

Hello. New poster here. I work in a college as IT. Our Autocad lab has the 2011 version and the students are having a random occurrence that the mouse cursor disappears from the work environment when they close the block editor. It's still there and works as you can click and select things and do what ever commands you want. The cursor becomes visible again once you go to the toolbar and menus then disappears again when you go down to the drawing. At the moment all we can do is save the drawing, close Autocad and open it back up again.

Is this a known issue that has a fix? Thanks for any help.

You're not alone. The problem has come up several times but there has been no real response from AutoDesk other than the advice to make sure your graphics card is on their approved/certified list and to make sure the latest drivers have been installed. In other words, AutoDesk doesn't really care about the problem.

By the way, I've had the same thing happen on several occasions so I know how disconcerting it can be. Mainly happens when I use 2010 or 2011.

Ok. Thanks. I also saw a tread on the Autodesk forum with no solutions. Is it just me or has Autocad been going downhill since Autocad 2009? We had the 2006 version before that with few problems. Then 2009 came out and we started getting frequent crashes and it's only been getting worst.

Oh and I have the latest nVidia drivers and Autocad certified drivers. The cards are nVidia Quadro FX370. I also made changes in the 3dconfig. Should it be set to hardware and use the autocad driver or the nvidia driver in the drop down menu?

At this point what do you have to lose. I'd try them both and see which one works the longest before it goes zooey on you.

Instead of releasing new features each year maybe AutoDesk should do it every other year. The off years can be used to correct all the problems they introduced the year before.