Default Printer

RyanAtNelco

Hello,

I am gettting and Acad warning every time I plot. It seems like it's looking for some default printer that does not exist, then substitutes "none". Does anyone know how to get rid of this warning or change the default printer to "none" in 2011? Im using windows 7. Screenshot of the warning is attached.

Thanks!

Default Printer.jpg

You set the default printer in TOOLS > OPTIONS > PLOT AND PUBLISH > USE AS DEFAULT OUTPUT DEVICE.

Set this to the printer that you normally use.

Note- you will also get this message when you plot a drawing that was last plotted by someone else with a printer that you do not have access to.

See the note in my previous post.

Also make sure that you have "save changes to layout" checked in you plot dialogue or any changes you make will be discarded as soon as you hit the OK button.

These are all drawings that only I have edited and created from scratch. The checkbox is set, and i get a similar warning message about a different printer when i try to print in model space. My IT guy has had a look and is just as puzzled as i am. A system printer is set as my default, and the check box for "Hide System Printers" is UNchecked.

OK, if you go back to the error message it suggests that the problem could be that the driver cannot be found or may be corrupt.

Can you use this printer from other programmes?

Is the driver pathname in you AutoCAD options set to the right directory?

I would try reinstalling and/or updating the printer driver.