+ Reply to Thread
    /\/lg|-|T/\/\@R3

Default ?Smiley face toolbar icons?

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I made a custom toolbar with land development r2, and when I restarted autocad all of the icons not from the acad menu group turned into these , except with glasses. Weird. Does anyone know how to return them to normal.

Using
    not specified

I used to have that problem alot, and I'm not sure how dif LD is from cad but.......
    Make sure the folder that contains the bmps is in your suport path under Tools>Options (or op in the command line) under the file tab, under "Support File Search Path"
    That fixed 90% of my smileys, for those that did not fix I edited the .mns file manually from a custom menu:

**GREG_BEARING,_DIST,_MEASURE
    **TB_GREG_BEARING,_DIST,_MEASURE
    ID_Greg_Bearing__Dist__Measure_0 [_Toolbar("Greg Bearing, Dist, Measure", _Top, _Show, 7, 0, 1)]
    ID_UserButton_19 [_Button("Distance", "ICON2714.bmp", "ICON4069.bmp")]'_dist

And I remember I HAD to use the file that CAD created, the iconXXXX, not my bearDistMeasure.bmp that I named it would never stick.
    Hope that helps
    From the "List of Weird Things That Only Happen to Greg"

/\/lg|-|T/\/\@R3

Now I'm missing the icons from the original toolbars that I used. Is there any way to reload the toolbars, or set them to default. I'm not worried about keeping any customization.

Using
    not specified

What did you do between the tim eyou lost your custom icons, and when you lost your autocad ones?

A simple fix may be to unload the ACAD.mnu and reload it. In LD it may be a different file name, so type menuload to see what menu is loaded. In explorer find that file with .MNU after it (do this so you know where it is before unloading the original). Unload the original, then reload it.

Unless I am wrong that should get everything back to normal.

On the lines of getting your custom icons to stay named the same in your MNS, you can do it two ways. One is to manually change the names in the mnu to the actual file name. Or two, when you associate the BMP with the tool button, select the bmp you want, then instead of hitting save, hit the save as. It will open the window asking what to save it as. Make sure you are in the folder where the bmp is, select it again, and then hit save. Then do not hit save again, hit close and then apply. Usually that works. If it doesn't I then manually change it in the MNS and delete all of the RCDAXXX files that show up if I did hit save.

I hate not having the file name in my MNS. One of those things that bugs me....

Hope it helps.

Just to clarify in case you didn't know. The MNU file is the original menu file before any custom stuff is added. The MNS actually starts as a copy of the MNU file except it dynamically changes with each addition and custom change you do to the way you like Autocad to look. MNU can only change if you manually change it.

Using
    not specified

Yes, need more info pls...
    What happened, (had to be something) in between the cutom smileys and the regular vanilla smileys?
    From the "List of Weird Things That Only Happen to Greg"

/\/lg|-|T/\/\@R3

Thank you both, your help is much appreciated.

Discipline
    Civil
    Bridget's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Civil Engineering Tech.
    Discipline
    Civil
    Using
    Civil 3D 2011

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I had that happen when I placed new command buttons in the wrong
    type of toolbar (i.e. BONUS command placed in ACAD, EXPRESS OR LAND TOOLBAR) I also lost the icon for the command. Either reload the program or create a user button.