Link Attribute to Geometry

Peri

Hi,

I´m fairly new to autocad and this is my first post here in the forum.

I´ve been working with dynamic blocks for just over a month and I´ve found most answers to my doubts here in the forum. For that, thanks to all.

Tha answer I haven't found (maybe because I don't know how to look for this) is the following:

I have a dynamic block - a leader - with two attibute texts attached to it. One att is for the name of what is being pointed and the other shows the diameter (this leader is intended to identify tubes in a plan). What I want to do is to have a circle in the block at the end of the leader that has a diameter that varies according to the diameter attribute. Putting it simple, I want to type a value for the diameter (that will be shown in the DIM part of the block) and that the circle reads this info and changes it's diameter, linking the written value to the actual drawing. Is it possible?

LEADER-3.dwg

Thanks in advance!

I've managed to do what I wanted, but new problems arose. This block I'm making is supposed to be the same for every scale we use. This is, when I scale the block, for example, to .75, I want the circle to keep the original diameter. What I managed was to keep the text right - example, if the tubeis 200mm wide, the text reads 200, but the circle shows 150mm beacuse it is scaled to .75.

I treid creating a lookup with a scale parameter attached to it, that would give the different options for scale, keeping only the circle out of the scale selection. The thing is that when I scale te block, the leader arrow doesn't. How would you go on making this block? Is there a way to scale a block keeping one of the elements unscalable? or is there a way to scale a leader, arrow and all?

LEADRE-3B.dwg

Sounds like you need to draw in model space and scale in paper space. I would draw the tube as a circle 1 dia this way scale 200 = 200 plot at any scale you like its still 200.