Moving the origin for animation..help

bigben1103

basically i have a square with a hole in it, when i try to animate it to rotate around the rod in the hole it rotates using the corner of the square instead, which is the origin of the part.

Is there a way to move the orgin on the part, or use constraint commands(i have not really gone into constraint commands yet) to get it to rotate around the hole?

Lock the rotation of the square piece down with an Angle constraint so that the offset mimics your rotational movement you want to show in Studio. Then Animate the Constraint (this is very similar to the Drive Constraint option but in Studio).

If you want some more information on Studio. I have a free class for viewing at http://www.autodeskuniversity.com, just sign up for free and search for my classes over the last couple years.