How to extend one of the lines on a closed polyline?

Surveyor1951

I am very new using autocad 2008, I usually refer to tutorials when I'm practicing. However, I created a closed polyline with 6 sides. On one of the lines I want to extend it using the same projection. I tried different ways of doing it but to now avail. Sorry about my experience, but I live in a rural area with no courses offered on autocad, so I have to learn it on the fly using manuals & tutorials. Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks

If you GRIP edit the polyline you can move a vertice of the pline but 2 lines will move.

If you explode the pline you can stretch 1 line, to make it back into a pline I would "Pline" pick extended point then pick intersecting point press Enter, pedit the pline and Join all the other lines you will have 2 lines on top of each other but it will be 1 object

It is a closed pline, you will have to break it, extend the line and extend the broken piece back to itself. AFter starting break, pick on a line segment, then osnap to the endpoint.

If you merely want to draw a line in the same direction as one of the sides, use Polar tracking, and make sure it is set up to use 'relative to last segment'.

Perhaps a screen shot of what you are wanting to do, will produce more relevant answers.

I want to to create a line to extend past the wall that is 3.7m long. I want extend it out by 2.13 m, then 90 deg. @ 3.576m, then 90 deg @2.13 back into the wall that is 6.0m long. This is my intention. Any help on this would be much apprieciated. Thanks

15-11-2010 6-06-37 PM.png

Just draw a line and have ortho F8 turned on if house is square and pick start pt drag direction with mouse and just enter length's

Or

Offset 6.0 line 2.13, offset 3.71 line 3.576, off set new line 2.13 just fillet and trim

Or

Draw a circle 2.13 and extend line etc

Basic beginers Autocad stuff look into offset trim fillet chamfer circle by the time you load a lisp etc you would have it drawn.

I want to to create a line to extend past the wall that is 3.7m long. I want extend it out by 2.13 m, then 90 deg. @ 3.576m, then 90 deg @2.13 back into the wall that is 6.0m long. This is my intention. Any help on this would be much apprieciated. Thanks

Simply go back and review the previous answer from eldon.

If you merely want to draw a line in the same direction as one of the sides, use Polar tracking, and make sure it is set up to use 'relative to last segment'.

Just draw a line and have ortho F8 turned on if house is square and pick start pt drag direction with mouse and just enter length's

Or

Offset 6.0 line 2.13, offset 3.71 line 3.576, off set new line 2.13 just fillet and trim

Or

Draw a circle 2.13 and extend line etc

Basic beginers Autocad stuff look into offset trim fillet chamfer circle by the time you load a lisp etc you would have it drawn.

Don't forget the Lengthen command.

• 2 weeks later...