XREF's along a polyline?

kerrychivers

Hi. I understand the MEASURE and DIVIDE command for stringing blocks along a polyline, but is there a way to do the same with XREF's?

I wish to array rivets and other fasteners around the hull of a boat. But using blocks limits my flexibility. If I want to alter a type of rivet, for instance, I can't do it easily without using XREF's.

... using blocks limits my flexibility. If I want to alter a type of rivet, for instance, I can't do it easily without using XREF's.

Not to argue, but I respectfully disagree.

You should be using a block for this type of task... where the 'block' is being replicated multiple times, in different orientations, etc.. Lord help the person at my company that tried doing what you asked for with one of our projects; they'd be strung up by their... well, let's not go there.

You can replace on block with another using the ._blockreplace command (Express Tools), or even write a custom LISP routine that will only replace the blocks you select (not all).

Hope this helps!