Paste a group

vasconobre

hello,

groups get ungrouped after a copy/paste. is there any way around this?

thank you for any input.

regards,

vasco

No way that I am aware of.

Explore using blocks.

• 1 year later...

Is the above question and answer still true for AutoCAD 2007 LT ? or is there a setting to keep the group a group after pasting ?

Thanks for prompt replies.

As far as I know, this is still true.

There is however, the option to Paste as Block in the 'Edit' pull down menu or Ctrl+Shift+V. At least it's available in the full version, not sure about LT. You will want to RENAME the block after insertion though, because it will be given a default name like this: A$C243A3710.

Well that's why you should be creating blocks instead of groups. Groups are unique to the drawing they are created in. They cannot be copied and pasted into other drawings without losing their grouping, whereas blocks can. You just need to use the right tool for the job. This is true of any software.

• 7 years later...
Well that's why you should be creating blocks instead of groups. Groups are unique to the drawing they are created in. They cannot be copied and pasted into other drawings without losing their grouping, whereas blocks can. You just need to use the right tool for the job. This is true of any software.

Ok, but block is no flexible like grouped objects. I think that there is another way to paste grouped objects in new document (dwg) but for now I don't know.