Printing to PDF AutoCAD Electrical 2009

Electroman7979

Does anyone know of a way to print to PDF so that you end up with 1 PDF for all drawings instead of one PDF for each drawing in Electrical? Is it even possible?

Thanks!

PUBLISHCOLLATE

Controls whether sheets are published as a single job

Publishing sheets as a single job requires all of the following:

• A plot or PDF driver that supports the multi-sheet plotting or printing option
  • The page setup override option is selected, if publishing from the Sheet Set Manager.

A published sheet set is processed one sheet at a time. Separate PLT and PDF files are created for each sheet. If the sheet set is published, the sheets might be interleaved with other plot jobs.

A published sheet set is processed as a single job. A multi-sheet PLT or PDF file is created. If the sheet set is published, it is never interleaved with other plot jobs.

What are you using to create PDFs?

using the default pdf creator :

DWG To PDF.pc3

just found pdf995. seems to work good combining, cept when I add them to be combined it puts them in alphabetical order, not the order of the schematics. But at least I'm getting them combined 8)

ElecrtoMan,

Are you using the Publish/Plot button in Project Manager? You can hit that button and choose Publish to DWF, then choose all your DWG's, then when the Publish window comes up, choose Publish to: and select PDF. Then go to the Publish Options button and be sure it is set for type: Multi Sheet File.

I never let it do a publish in the background, it just does not seem to work.

Glen

I usually click on the project itself and click plot project, then select all drawings and print to pdf....

Just tried to plot to dwf. then print to pdf and it won't open the PDF after... maybe its adobe messing up. Thanks for the info!

Quick question on the DWF.... how do I get it to print to color in the DWF? I include block and layer properties and I get no color? some of the blocks show up with color, but none of my wire layers do...... Thanks!

another quick question:

is there a way to add bookmarks? i went to the help file and it says you can import if you are using Revit...