Background Mask not working over viewports

How come my background masks on text no longer mask the background?!

I have looked done new drawings and it works. It also works in the drawing in question but only over items in paperspace, it does not work over the viewports.

If you select the text you can see that the mask is there.

I tried draw order but everytime I did it everything always seemed to back to "back" even if I just changed it to "front"

Another draftee had worked on these drawings but I doubt he would have sabotaged them (and he wouldnt know how..)

I have seen this happen randomly before.

Again - WHY!?!?!?! :x

• 1 year later...
Try Draworder, but use Above Objects, instead of Front/Back.

Same problem here. I've never seen this before, working with CAD for several years now.

Any kind of draworder didn't work at all.

I worked around copying and pasting everything (original coordinates) to a new brand file. Now the background mask is working on paper space over viewport.

If anyone knows the reason of this issue, pls let us know!

Cheers ;)

Actually, after my last procedure (copying & pasting), it was OK on screen, but the plotting was still not right.

I just asked to a collegue here. He suggested the following and IT WORKED!

- On your plot screen, in 'Plot options', the 'Plot paperspace last' must be ticked.

After these 2 moves, it's all good.

Actually, after my last procedure (copying & pasting), it was OK on screen, but the plotting was still not right.

I just asked to a collegue here. He suggested the following and IT WORKED!

- On your plot screen, in 'Plot options', the 'Plot paperspace last' must be ticked.

After these 2 moves, it's all good.

Yup, if you don't do that, all the modelspace objects print last, and go right over your background. Just another reason to dimension and annotate in modelspace.

Yup, if you don't do that, all the modelspace objects print last, and go right over your background. Just another reason to dimension and annotate in modelspace.

Or, to remember to select 'plot paperspace last'. :)

What about the second layout that I do not want the same text or a background mask.

Another reason to dimension and annotate in Paper Space. :thumbsup:

What about the second layout that I do not want the same text or a background mask.

Another reason to dimension and annotate in Paper Space. :thumbsup:

Yeah, well. I don't wear argyle socks on the golf course neither. They don't work with blue jeans. :lol: To each his own.

• 2 years later...