• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Californo

• kasper_4000

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. Just so I know we are talking about the same thing...

Are you referring to the Menu Bar with the pull-down menus (File, Edit, View, Insert, etc., etc.)?

It always help us if we have ALL the information beforehand so we know the scope of the problem we're dealing with. More info = better help.

So now you're saying that the Ribbon is missing too?

The Ribbon consists of Tabs and each tab has a series of Panels on them. Example: the Home tab has the Draw, Modify, Layers, Annotation, Block, Properties, Utility and Clipboard panels on it. This is what you are referring to isn't it?

Had you just opened up AutoCAD or had you been working in AutoCAD when you lost everything?

Were you working in AutoCAD when this happened or had you just opened it up for the start of a new drawing session?

It sounds like you still have the Quick Access Toolbar available.

You have a command line at the bottom of your screen right?

Look in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. There should be a button with a very small screen icon on it. If you hover above it a Tooltip will appear called Clear Screen. Click on that button. What happens? Any change to your screen? If so, what changed?

Maybe you haven't been reading my posts all the way through. I know what you are missing.

Type the word RIBBON on the command line and press enter. What happens?

And make it quick...my joints are rusting.

Got one Ribbon menu opened now, what next how to bring it all back to like out of the box?

sorry about the joints, it's CT weather otherwise I would live there myself

I have no idea what you mean by "one Ribbon menu opened". Are you saying there is only one tab? If so, which tab do you have? Home, Insert, Annotate, other?

You have the Quick Access Toolbar at the top left-hand corner of your screen. Look at the right end of it. There should be a black arrow pointing downwards with a thin black line over the top of it. Click on this arrow and in the drop-down menu that appears, near the very bottom, click on the entry that says Show Menu Bar. You should now have the menu bar I spoke of earlier.

My hydraulic fluid is getting thicker so make it quick.

I can't believe it. 17 posts. We should have had this done in 3 or 4 tops.

You have everything including all tabs on the Ribbon AND your menu bars? Please confirm.