Open and Save command causes "Unknown Command" error

andythoms

One of our users seems to have the problem of when either typing our shortcut to save or clicking the icon in the toolbar, the "unknown command" error appears. If they close AutoCAD and re-open, it works again but after a time the problem seems to reappear. We all use the same AutoCAD set up in here - AutoCAD 2008 - and all use the exact same LISP routines etc. and it seems to work for everyone else.

Does anyone know why this would happen all of a sudden?

Thanks

Edited by andythoms
additional information

Right, it's happened again so we tried typing '.qsave' and it works! Thanks

So how can we fix this? Do you know why the commands are becoming undefined?

Thanks

So how can we fix this? Do you know why the commands are becoming undefined?

Probably because there is some code (lisp, vba, arx, etc) executing which is undefining the command.

Ask the person who manages all of the add-on code...

Maybe one of your coworkers has some secret code he isn't sharing with the rest of you. That could be the source of the problem.

You're welcomed. Hope you find the actual cause.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately no-one in here wrote any of the routines and I'm about the one who know's the most (and that's not much!) so it'll be up to me to try and find the cause.

The thing is that everybody uses the same routines so I can't figure out why it's happening on this machine and none of the others. We have about 15 running AutoCAD 2008 and about 5 running 2010. I suppose I should just upgrade everybody to 2010 - people don't seem to like change though!

Thanks again