Annotative +Dynamic Block Selection Preview

hoowahfun

I'm having an unpleasant issue when using my annotative blocks for plumbing fittings. Below you'll see a pipe tee. I have a dynamic rotate and move command built into the block. When unselected, the block looks normal in every aspect. However, when I select it to move or manipulate it, it gives a preview of the block at different scales. VERY annoying.

Do any of you know how to make these not appear? Unfortunately we use a lot of different scales in our layouts so they need to be added to the block.

Thanks!

ps - AutoCAD 2010 or 2008

Pipe Tee Picture.jpg

Hoowahfun,

It has to have something to do with being "Annotative". Which I'm still unclear with.

I can't seem to make it non-annotative and I can't even explode it.

I'm sorry, hoowahfun. My powers have failed you.

I forgot that I made the blocks with the "Allow Exploding" box unchecked - too many people in the office that can mess up what I have in the files.

I completely agree that it's something to do with being annotative. Would it help if I sent you a copy that you can explode?

That's okay, hoowahfun. I recreated one of your blocks with non-annotative and I didn't have that problem at all. My only question is... Why would you have a "Move" property on your block? What does that accomplish?

What can happen with the annotative block is if you move it with just a normal grip, the block at other annotation scales will be left behind. Adding a "Move" function in the block takes care of that problem. I don't do much with key-in commands so saving some mouse clicks or time moving my mouse between object and move command will do me some good.