Mtext objects randomly not plotted using Batch Plot

spiff88

I am using AutoCAD 2010 (D.309.0.0) - English Version 3

I have a page setup using Adobe PDF as the plotter. I am using Acrobat 7.1.4 Standard.

When using Batch Plot to plot a number of figures together (into a Multi-sheet file) - random Mtext objects will be left off random drawings. If I batch plot the same group of figures - different figures/MText objects could be missing in each batch.

Since this is a random occurrence - I am not sure how to troubleshoot or report the issue.

This image is of two PDFs of the same figure. You can see that one PDF is missing Mtext objects that appear in the other PDF.

Mtext_Objects_Missing.jpg

Has this happened to you?

• 4 months later...

FYI - after a long three month long case with Autodesk support - the conclusion to prevent this from happening is "Don't do that." There was no effort to classify this as a bug, just an 'as designed' feature.

So if you setup a batch plot - don't use your computer when while the batch is running. AutoCAD still can grab the 'focus' from Windows - and if you are using the mouse wheel or some other action that moves the drawing at all, objects can be lost from the PDF being created.