Graphics Card

Miro

i think my graphics card may be on its way it beacuse occasionally my dialogue boxes in AutoCAD don't fully appear, but is there any real way of telling whether it is about to stop working prior to it happening?

i tried the autodesk site and it seems to be certified, but is there any way of telling if the graphics card is about to stop working prior to it happening?

i think my graphics card may be on its way it beacuse occasionally my dialogue boxes in AutoCAD don't fully appear...

Are you using a Logitech mouse by chance? Their SetPoint software does that to mine.

Shut down the computer. Unplug the power cord. Disconnect the cable to the video card. Open up the case.

Touch the metal frame of the case to ground yourself. Remove the video card and then reseat it firmly in the slot.

Reverse the steps. Start up your computer. Test it.

Another question for you. Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Are you experiencing problems with any other Windows based programs?

i'll give that a go later, thankyoui

i'm not sure if i have the latest drivers, should i go to the nvidia website and update the drivers also?

no i don't have any problems with other windows based programs, just AutoCAD 2011

If you are NOT having problems with any other Windows based programs then STOP. Do NOT bother trying to reseat the graphics card as you are NOT having a graphics card problem.

Are you working in 2D or 3D?

How much RAM is installed in this computer?

Windows XP? I'm guessing you are running the 32-bit version of your OS and AutoCAD too right?

How much videoRAM on the graphics card?

2GB of RAM? Yes, I'd say you probably do need more RAM.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. It should tell you if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Who put this computer together? How is it that you don't know your own system specs?

Never mind. I'm pretty sure it must be 512MB of DDR3 RAM.

it doesn't tell me. it shows System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 service pack 3

Computer:Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM