1. What document management software did you consider and what was your prevailing factor for selecting Synergis?
We initially identified 12 companies, shortlisted those to 6, then brought each of the 6 companies in to give us a demonstration and have a question and answer session.
From the outset, Synergis provided honest and factual information which they could back up by demonstration or by facts. They didn't try to fluff us and evade any answers like some of the companies did.
2. What processes were you using to manage your documentation prior switching Synergis?
We were using Cyco Automanager Workflow, (now Teamwork). We also looked at Meridian EDMS but were extremely unhappy with the service from that company and it's partners.
3. What problems were you experiencing that made this software necessary?
We wanted a truly global EDMS solution. We also wanted a software that didn't encrypt your information
4. Did you make any additional changes to your management processes after switching to Synergis?
Yes, Adept made our processes a lot easier
5. Which departments in your organization are using the tool? How is the adoption in the organization? Particularly with remote offices.
Engineering, Manufacturing, Design, Sales, - it's pretty much deployed throughout the company.
Initially, one business started using Adept, Now we have 6 different businesses using Adept with 2 more businessses looking at implementing Adept. We haev found that once someone becomes aware of Adept, and takes a look at it, they generally want in on the game.
Remote offices have been no problem. We have Adept deployed in the USA, throughout Europe, South Africa and the Far East
6. How long have you been using Synergis for?
around 5 or 6 years now
7. How would you rate document management efficiency improvement after introducing Synergis (scale 1-5);
8. When did you start your implementation and how long did it take you to implement until using Synergis at the full extent?
not sure I understand the question. Our switchover from our old EDMS to Adept took around 3 days, we experienced no downtime and everyone was up, running and trained with a few days.
9. Would you please briefly describe your user base and the level of PLM user experience you consider your people to be at; (scale 1-5)
Engineering, Design, Manufacturing R & D, Sales - anyone who needs access to the data. The experience level changes with role and how much they need to interact with the system.
10. What is your CAD system?
AutoCad vanilla, AutoCAD Inventor, Solidworks
11. How many users and how many floating licences?
around 200 users
12. How satisfied are you with Synergis BOM and ECN features (scale 1-5)?
currently don't use them
13. How satisfied were you with the Synergis tech support during and after installation (scale 1-5)?
14. How would you rate the application User Training for each module (scale 1-5)?
I have developed our own training. Generally we found that users can be up and running in as little as a one hour training session
15. Did you do any software customization?
16. How satisfied are you with remote support response time (scale 1-5)?
17. What would you do differently if you had the opportunity to do it again?
we really haven't had any issues which made us think that we should have went a different path
18. What problems, if any, arose during implementation and how were these problems resolved?
none at alll - very smooth transition. we actually finished about 3 days ahead of schedule
19. What problems, if any, have arisen subsequent to implementation?
a few glitches here and there which have been promptly dealt with by Synergis. Most of the issues we have experienced have been to do with the viewer, written by Oracle
20. Would you recommend Synergis to other companies?
yes, have done so and those companies have subsequently purchased Adept and are very happy with it