mating

endlasuresh

I tried tutorials and searched here but no luck.I am asking simple question in order t know how does this works

An example

I want to mate two square equal lenght height width plates to be mated.how should i do this.

There are many different ways to mate something. In general you try to apply mates as if they would be applied in the real world. If you have two plates you will mate their faces, possibly align them by making bolt holes concentric. If you dont have bolt holes you will need to either make faces or edges flush.

Can you post a screen shot of the two plates to give us a better idea.

untitled.jpgI tried pins and plates mating but i didnot understood what i was doing

here is the screen shot which i am asking

they have 20 mm width.after mating it should be 40mm width.let me know if you have any questions

Edited by endlasuresh

Okay well lets focus on the standard mates for now.

Coincident: This will make two faces, lines or points touch. If you are selecting faces you will have angle and distance options.

Parallel: Will make two planar faces or edges parallel to each other. You can add a distance.

Perpendicular: Will make two planar faces or edges at 90degrees from each other.

Tangent: Can be used in a variety of ways, typically will make a cylindrical face touch another one or a planar face.

Concentric: Will make two circular edges or cylinders align on the same axis. This is used to locate parts by bolt holes, things of that nature.

Its important to know that each mate acts different based on selection and its really going to take some playing around on your part because there are too many combination's for me to mention. Just know you have Face, Edge and Point/vertex selection available for each selection.

Understanding how things go together in the real world is important. In the real world how would you hold those two pieces together? Its important for you to think about it rather than me telling you. Also if you look in the feature manager you see your first part has an (f) next to it. This means its fixed. You can change this but essentially you can only move one of the blocks. Any mates applied will move the second block to the first one.

thanks i am understanding from your post than tutorial.

for the mates which i am asking it should be coincident but you have said distance and the angle

as for mating options i may think distance would be 0 and angle ? or else let me know for this example

I have selected the faces of each opposite side but they are not placed same level.

Ill post the screen shot of my mating in next post if possible

Edit

I have got it ill post in night more about matings

Edited by endlasuresh