Insert successive numbers in succesive dwgs(Inserting page no to multiple dwgs)

sanjith

hii..am a vry beginner in scripting & in lisp...

at present i am using scriptpro to edit text in multiple dwgs...

what i require is a lisp which helps me to edit the present "page number"(in text format) & put a new page number to a large number of drawings.(i.e in each successive dwg,i need to put the successive page number)

Pls help..or else i ll have to open & edit each dwg one by one...

regards,

sanjith

You could store the number in the registry (getenv/setenv) and retrieve and add from there. Do you know how to select the object to edit?

AutoScript/ScriptPro will help you batch edit drawings.

Is the present "page number" a attribute in a title block ? that can be changed pretty easy. If its text I would make it a block as it makes it a bit more unique so only find 1 instance.

You would though need some way of determining the order the page numbers are to go in, a dwg list ? do the dwgs also have multiple layouts = multi pages?

Have you searched the posts here and maybe Augi, Afralisp it sounds like something that some one has possibly done before.

Some more information would be helpfull.

Also use excel to write your script maybe its good for number stuff proj2001-001 proj2001-002