Lines are not visible while drawing

memorael

Hi, I have a very simple question which I am sure is easy to resolve... hopefully. Anyway when I try to draw lines they don't seem visible unless they extend or cross over something that is already drawn, then when I click to draw it it appears as it should, I guess what I am asking is how do I make the lines visible before they are drawn? Thanks in advance!!!

I'm going to change the subject of this thread so that it is somewhat descriptive of the problem.

On to the issue... are you saying that you click the first point to draw a line and then move the cursor but you do not get the "rubber band" line attached to the cursor? And then when you click the second point, the line shows up...?

yeah whenever I do the first click its as if the line isn't appearing, thats the rubber band effect you mention right? then when I click the second point it does just like you mentioned. I guess its similar to the dragmode command, it seems the line mode has been changed somehow. Thanks!

Have you been customizing your display colors? The "rubberband" line color is controlled by element named "dynamic dimension line" My guess is that you have is set either the same, or very close to, the same color as your background.

Options > Display > Window Elements > Interface Element.

Display colors are saved on the local machine, not in the drawing... Maybe you switched profiles recently, reinstall, repair, something else that would have affected this system setting...?

Well I am currently using another persons computer and maybe she had it set like that? it didn't bother me until I noticed it and needed to see the rubberband. Weird I now. Anyway Thanks a lot am I happy I found this forum.

• 6 years later...

Hello!

I also have the same problem!

I am using BrcisCAD Platinum version 15.3.05.

I don't see the lines, I don't see the selection window. This is very strange since I have seen this before.

I don't know if this is the thing with BricsCAD or windows?

Thank you for replies!

To: bjenk8100

I'm nou sing white lines on white background.

Background is color 253 and lines are layer dependent color (red, yellow, etc).

I don't know if my daughter could have messed something in windows display setup since button tool tips in Chrome are quite big.

Because this wasn't the case before (both chrome and Bricscad).