Text figures as geometry and tool bar size

Quik&Easy

I'm a new user of AC Light 2011 and would like to be able to enter text figures as geometry that can manipulated; can I do it? I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I can continue to use other programs on hand to get them into my new AC drawings but hope it can be entered directly.

Also, I have the Osnaps tool bar open on my workspace and would like to make it physically larger to make it easier to select the buttons; is there a way to do this?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

What are you trying to do with the text?

Have you considered using Express Tool command for exploding text?

Forget the Osnaps toolbar. In the Osnaps settings dialog box check off the ones you use in your day-to-day drawing sessions. Cycle through them using the Tab key when it comes time to make a pick.

The Express Tool command is not one I've picked up on yet but I will look for it. My company does a lot of signage and artistic work for a waterjet cutter and we often need to work around words or letter combinations and numbers that have been included in the graphics my clients have provided. Often times its easier and faster to simply type the needed digits or letters in the proper font as geometry that can be manipulated. I mostly use a program called Cutting Shop from Arbor Image for the letters and figures. I can continue to do that; it simply means another step or 3 or 5 to get it in to the final product. Simply being able to type in the needed symbols in AC, change fonts and size as needed and hit the button and presto, have editable entities ready to work with would be a time saver. I will try to attach a sample file showing some recent projects. In the sample, the "74" project came to me as a stylized sketch, no exact font was listed so I treated it as a graphic project all the way through. The 62/64 project required a specific font. Other samples with other fonts was offered to the client in various forms and this is what was chosen. Often times I have a client looking over my shoulder as we make changes and manipulate the images.

As for the Osnaps, I'll give your suggestion a try. Using my older program, the buttons were quite a bit bigger and easier to click on and use in fast mode. Since I'm just starting out with this latest AC, speed is not much of an issue right now. Everything I'm doing is slow!

Hmmmmm.........gotta work on the attachment......