Layer manager property window In Cad 2010.

I have switched to CAD 2010 using the classic window recently. My "layer manager property" does not apply invert filter. The layer property manager window does not have the "apply" or "ok" botton, I was assuming it should respond to the invert filter right away after making changes in the the drawing, but it did not. I had to change the "layerdlgmode" from 1 to 0 to have an apply botton and it workes now. I was wondering did anybody have the same problem?

The layer manager is a palette if LAYERDLGMODE = 1, so there is no "Apply" or "OK" buttons.

Neither dialog should require you to press Apply to see the effects of checking on the Invert Filter checkbox.

I have the same problem and it won't apply the invert filter. This is occuring in AutoCAD 2009. Is there another setting that I don't know about that will allow the invert filter be properly applied? This occurs with a large base mapping drawing. Is it possible there is some level of corruption in the drawing? How would one check on health status of a drawing? Is it possible that a patch would fix this issue? I just want to solve this problem. Thanks kindly for yor help.