How do I make my paper space layout 36" x 72"

EdwardSheetmetalhand

Hello,

I typically layout in ANSI D, but I have a project that requires 1:1 scale and so I will be using a 36" roll feed printer on a few of my layout tabs. How do I make my paper space layout 36x72" for that particular layout tab? It absolutely needs to be that long (no scotch-taping a couple of drawings together).

I don't typically assign a printer because I usually plot to .pdf and take the job to my local print shop.

Also I would like to copy my ANSI D title block from my other layout tabs that are ANSI D, then I will do the legwork in extending the borders to fill the bigger 36x72 sheet. I tried selecting all the parts, hitting copy, but when I go to another layout tab it will not let me paste. Any ideas? :( I am using AutoCad 2010 2D.

You use a local print shop so ask them what plotter they'll be using to create the plot for you. Download the driver, install it and select the plotter in the plot dialog box when you do your page setup for your layout. There should be a way to enter a custom length but I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment. I know it can be done because there was one project I worked on where we had a 24" x 66" drawing to plot on our DesignJet 500+ plotter and we had no problem setting this up.

ReMark,

I think that since you are hooked up to a roll printer you have an option that is not available to me. Since I don't actually own the big printer, I cannot select a custom size; I am limited to ARCH A through E, ANSI A through D, etc. I would like to plot to .pdf because that is what my print shop wants. Plotting to .pdf also limits me to those same predetermined sizes.

I tried opening one of my ARCH E's that are 36 x 48, then extending the title block out into the gray space spilling off the white page until it was 72". I then extended the viewport out also, plotted to .pdf, and picked extents. Unfortunately, that did not work either; the .pdf cut off everything beyond the graphic representation of the white paper in the layout tab.

So the question is how do I make the graphic representation of the white paper bigger in my layout/paper space?

ReMark,

So the question is how do I make the graphic representation of the white paper bigger in my layout/paper space?

Is my post invisible? :wink:

nestly,

That was awesome!!! Thank you! When I reposted I did not refresh as I had been working on my final for class for 14 hours. I tried your demo and was immediately successful! :shock::mrgreen:

I guess you missed the part about downloading the driver for the roll plotter the reprographics firm will be using since you won't be printing in-house now will you.