How do you make a drawing already done in a ucs, the world ucs?

runner041

I have been working in an older drawing that I just discovered was not drawn in the world ucs when it was created. When I try to cut and paste standard parts into this drawing they come into it in the world ucs which just shows up as a line in this old drawing.

Is there a way to make the old drawing as shown the world ucs? In other words, is there a command that makes the current view the world view so that I can cut and paste as normal?

I have looked everywhere and can't find anyway to do it. If there was a way it will save me much time!

Thanks for any help in advance!

If you align the UCS with the model, any object you paste or insert should come in aligned with the model. The other option is to move/rotate the whole drawing so it's aligned with the WCS. (could have negative affects on x-refs)

Genius!

It took me a while to figure out how to get it to rotate to the WCS, but i finally got it. Everything comes in as expected now!

Thanks!

It seems you've got things under control but there is a way to "reset" the WCS of the drawing without needing to move or rotate geometry around. After you have aligned the UCS to the desired orientation simply do a WBLOCK *. The * will select all objects for the creation of the new drawing. There is one drawback (or benefit depending on your pov) to this approach, that is it also performs a purge all during the process.

You can select to WBLOCK to the same name and overwrite the existing drawing.