Text Override

bbankston

In the Properties Pallete using a dimension I'd like to text override it with text on the top and bottom. Like say I've got an opening of 36 inches, I'd like the dimensions to read:

RO

I've seen it done before but I forget how.

Note: The "RO" should be centered directly under the "36"

Edited by bbankston
RO should be under 36

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbankston

• ReMark

• Ollie8974

• designerstuart

Only vaguely. Seems we had a question about someone who couldn't get his dimension text to appear above the line for some reason and I think the \P option was mentioned by another forum member. It's been a while so I don't rightly recall all the details. It's a good point though and I am glad that you thought to mention it. Thanks.

I just ran through the alphabet of different formulas (ain't much goin' on at work). Should this be posted in the Tips and Tricks section now?

OVERRIDE FORMULA 1.jpg

TEXT OVERRIDE 2.jpg

It looks as though P and N do the same thing but are way different than X if you'll note the extreme amount of line spacing (leading). W on the other hand seems useless as it just crazily condenses the font.

• 1 year later...

Just when I thought I had seen the last of bbankston's scary face and you have to go and bring it back to life! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Did some more experimenting.

Trying different letters. found that \A will return the same as \L

With out the underscore.