Dual Screen with V8i

Spinxy

You certainly can:

Menu - Workspace

Tab - Operation

Check the first box "Open two application windows"

Then close and reopen MicroStation.

We work with two 24" Samsung screens, both digital connections and we have also had two analog screens connected. No problems with either setup.

after posting i had noticed i could place task tools, reference box etc on my second screen, however couldn't put any views on my second screen.

i have ticked open two application windows, and reopened v8i, however the window on my second screen is completey blank (grey microstation screen)

is it possible to get other views on my second screen?

Cheers for your help

Once you have the application windows open go to the menu Window and the point Views, then place a tick against 5, 6, 7, and 8. You should now see all four views in the second window. Close down the ones you don't want and resize those that you do want to keep. If you go to menu Window, point Views put a tick against Dialog and a small toolbox appear with eight little check boxes numbered 1 to 8, put a tick in the views you want displayed, by default views 1 to 4 are on the first screen and 5 to 8 are on the second screen. You can change this grouping if you want.

If you want to move some of the toolbars or other panes that open in MS to the second window, left click on the Bentley icon in the upper left corner of the pane and select "Change Screen". They then move to the same relative position on the second screen to that that they had on the first screen.

If you revert back to a single screen you will see the two MicroStation Windows in the Windows Taskbar, but the one that was on the second screen will not now be visible on your screen. To bring that window back into view right click it in the Windows Taskbar and select "Move", then with the arrow keys move it onto your screen. Which arrow you use (left or right) will depend on where the second screen was.

You can also have two application windows open on a single screen configuration. If you really want and if have a good reason, personally on a single screen configuration we use just a single application window, but I know some people who use two.

when i turn on views 5, 6, 7 and 8 they appear in my first screen, leaving my second screen blank?!?

i have tried moving the toolbars and this works fine.

Thanks

Turn on the views 5 to 8 and for each view left click the Bentley icon top left and select change window. Then you have them in the second window, then go to manage views and create a new view group and then click apply. Now when you open the manage views pane and double click the new view group it will reset the views in window just when you created the view group.

Open two application windows under user preferences - operation, I think. Restart MicroStation and you should have two MicroStation desktop windows and you can maximize one on each display. Some items can be dragged between the screens, others must be moved between the windows by their control menu where there will be a Change Screen menu item along with the maximize, minimize, restore, move menu items.