Help settings messed up after several crashes

pioptl

Had a drawing that was corrupted & crashed many times. Now my settings are messed up somehow.

When i rightclick on an object & use a command i.e. copy or move. some of the commands return with a cancel then the command again asking to select objects.

Also Some of my lisp routines are not working properly Ex: i have a lisp that sets, layer, linetype, color etc.. by selecting an object. when i run this and some other lisps (Not all) dialog boxes that shouldnt come up are opening i.e. layer, color, linetype.

Also double clicking on objects like dtext to edit does not work. I've check all of the typical settings, Pickfirst = 1, right click customization is set properly. I have no idea what to look for & this is extremely annoying to have to pick/type a command then select the objects.

Im running Civil 3d 2009.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Thanks, but I dont have administrative privliages to do that and if I say something is wrong with autocad the solution will most likely be a reinstall or deleting of my profile. I have many shortcuts & customization that I dont want to lose if possible.

I have more info.

It seems that some right click or double click commands work fine but others do not. I took a custom command that was nort working properly and took the ^c^c_ off the beginning of the command and it now works. The ones that are not working are initiating two cancels on the command line then asking to select the object. Does this make any sense?

^C^C is used to cancel a previous command.

The Move and Copy commands don't work as expected?

Did you redefine any commands with all of your customization?

I have not redifined any autocad commands, i've made a few new ones, but never redefined an existing autocad command.

Also I just noticed that if i select the object so its highlighted I can manually type the commands & it works fine that way also. Just wont work with double click or rt. click. It looks lie none of the std. autocad commands work with right click, move, copy, rotate, etc... The biggest aggravation is not being able to double click dtext & mtext to edit it. I can doubl click or right click multileaders to edit & it works fine. Also the lisp that I mentioned that I use constantly. I even tried getting rid of all the actions i have recorded to see if any of them were conflicting with no success.

Have we covered all of the usual suspects?

Didn't happen to write down the customizations you made by any chance?

Can you invoke either command at the command line with a leading period? Ex. - .move

I'll have to take some time & make a list. Most of it is pgp, commands that I've made that have no function but to call a lisp from a rt click menu. And for some wierd reason our installation never had the right click shortcuts added to the main cui so they didnt work untill i moved them from the partial cui to the main. (An autocad tech had no idea what I was talking about when I submitted a support request). C3d 2010 or 11 might be in the near future anyway.

Thanks for trying to help

No I didn't.

Since most of your edits were to the acad.pgp file then doing a REPAIR of your installation would not be that big of a deal. Move the revised acad.pgp to a safe folder, do the REPAIR, then rename the original to acad.pgp.org (for original) and move your edited version into its place.

In the future, keep track of the changes you make, retain a backup copy of your CUI as you customize it and test your customizations piecemeal rather than wait until they are all done. Tracking problems with the CUI will become much easier.