Need to change a color of an object in a viewport but not in the drawing/model space

Rage221677

Is there a way to change the color of an object (in my case, duct/pipe) to gray in a particular viewport and it not change it in the drawing. For example...I want to change the color of the supply duct to gray so the emphasis is on the return duct and on another tab, I want to gray out the return duct to place the emphasis on the supply duct, all without changing the actual color of the supply/return ducts in model space.

I was thinking it would be similar to shutting off layers in a particular viewport that is not shut off in another viewport or in model space. I know how to do that, I was thinking the color changing would be similar.

I know about the override but that's going to change the duct/pipe in model space and I don't want to do that. I know I can toggle the colors between plots but I thought there was a way to create a layout tab and select the viewport while staying in paperspace and change the colors of the duct/pipe without actually changing them in model space.

Oh ye of so little faith. From your own AutoCAD Help file re: Viewport Overrides.

"You can display objects differently by setting property overrides for color, linetype, lineweight, and plot style and apply them to individual layout viewports.

Using property overrides is an efficient way for displaying objects with different property settings in individual viewports without changing their ByLayer or ByBlock properties. For example, objects can be made to display more prominently by changing their color."