How can i Adjust text size with respect to scale.

mateen

Hi, i want to know that.... how can i adjust normal text size with respect to drawing scale... for example i use 7" size text in 1/8 scale.....

what is the easy way?????????:)

First. You should be drawing everything in model space at full size. Are you?

Second. As previously mentioned Annotation Scaling is one option for handling text and dimensions if you want to keep them in model space. Your other option is to place all text and dimensions in your layout. Each method has its good and not-so-good points. It's up to you to experiment with each and choose the method that works best for you and the type of work you do. What type of work are you involved in or are you a student?

Electrical draftsman. OK.

Do you work on equipment layouts or on electrical schematics or both?

How much of your work requires you to print drawings at a particular scale?

i use 1/8" scale mostly n any many more scale but 1/8" mostly use. n may i get cad scale procedure in order to make my drawing beauty?

1/8th" scale? I am surprised you aren't using metric dimensions/units.

The correct way to do it is to draw all your objects in model space at FULL size. If you are drawing a switch box that is 2x3 1/2 that's what you draw it as. If you are drawing a room in a building, and that room has dimensions of 10'-6" x 12'-6" that's what you draw it as. You do NOT scale it up nor do you scale it down. Don't draw as if you are doing so on a drafting board by trying to make the drawing fit the paper.

After drawing your objects switch to a Layout. Layouts give us access to paper space.

In your layout you create viewports (as many or as few as you need). A viewport is just a window that allows us to see back into model space and view the objects we have created.

It is the viewport itself that a scale is assigned to. In your case that scale would be 1/8"=1'-0". AutoCAD has a number of predefined scales to choose from but this list can be added to by the user.

Once a scale is assigned to a viewport the user sets the viewport up with the view they require. Viewports can be resized using Grips. Once you have your view set up the way you want you lock the viewport display to prevent the scale being changed by accident.

When it comes time to plot we do it from our Layout at a scale of 1:1. AutoCAD will automatically handle scaling the various viewports so the drawing plots correctly.

It is recommended that you create a layer just for the viewports themselves and set this in your Layer Properties Manager to "no print".

Finally, text and dimensions can be handled in a number of ways. That conversation we'll leave for later.

I'll leave you to think about what I have just said.

As previously mentioned Annotation Scaling is one option for handling text and dimensions if you want to keep them in model space. Your other option is to place all text and dimensions in your layout. Each method has its good and not-so-good points

You are saying annotative scaling is been used when printing from model space, and another "thing" is used when printing from paper space ? If you are aware of any tutorial your quoted sentence is reffering to, post a link, please. Tnx

You do not need a tutorial on how to place text or dimensions in a layout as it is quite simple. Set your text height exactly to what you want. For dimensions just make sure they are associative.

No scalelists to deal with thus no chance of having a bloated scalelist or having to add a scale that is not listed.

No annotation scaling system variables to deal with.

No dimensions or text in model space to have to deal with; just your objects.

I haven't counted. Maybe a half-dozen?

I've used the Layout text/dimensioning method on many drawings with no problem. I have also gone through three different tutorials on annotative scaling and did one full drawing using that method in my job as a CAD designer. I fully understand why annotative scaling appeals to some users and would even recommend its use in some instances but in my job it has little to no value.

Each CAD user has to make their own decision. I'm not advocating my way over any other.