Creating a wall region from two rectangles?

Posho91

Hi,

I have two rectangle polylines, one inside the other, which form a wall.

I want to turn the area between them (the wall) into a region so I can move to 3D modelling.

I've used the Boundary and Region commands but it only seems to want to make a region out of the central spaces, not the space between the two rectangles...

Any ideas?

When you ran the Region command AutoCAD would have told you that it created two regions, one for each rectangle. Now all you have to do is use the PressPull command and pick the space between the two rectangles and move your cursor upwards to give height to your wall. You do know that once you have indicated the direction you want to go in you can type the exact height on the command line, right?

Thanks.

Yep, thats what it said, created two regions. I was confused since I wanted it to create a single region for the wall space but maybe I just dont understand what a region is xD

What is the difference between presspull and extrude? or is it the same thing? And yep I know you can type the height.

You cannot region a void (empty space).

"The Press/Pull tool creates a 3D object by extruding the perimeter of an area surrounded by a closed boundary. The boundary does not have to be a polyline." Source: Jon McFarland's book AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD LT 2009 - No Experience Required.

The extruded object will be a solid.

You must also be aware that using the Extrude command on lines will result in the creation of surfaces; used on a closed polyline the result will be a solid.