Can't press/pull

lanetheme

Hello everyone.

I am trying to press/pull and i just don't seem to get it right. I tried pretty much everything and i can't find what i'am doing wrong. For now I extrude and subtract but its getting frustrating.

I want to depress the Center circle about 1/16 of a inch down the larger circle.

I've tried to attached my cad file but it doesn't work. i can send it to mail to anyone willing to help me

Thank you

What seems to be the exact nature of the problem?

I've draw a first cylinder, then a circle on top of it.

Autocad prompt me to click inside bound area but it doesn't recognize my just draw circle as so

are you sure your circle is right on top of the cylinder did you draw the circle locking on to the radius and pulling out or did you do it in freehand meaning without osnap

something else ive had a problem once where everytime i pressed and pulled autocad froze

it turned out it didnt like me having my drawing below the grid lines

What visual style are you working in?

Are you zoomed in on the objects you are working with?

Are you sure your just drawn circle is located properly?

UCSdynamic was on and I made sure that the surface of the cylinder was highlighted before drawing on it. Center point of the circle was snap on a cross line that i've offset from de bottom of my cylinder middle. I checked all view and everything look at the same elevation. I've also tried to restart from the beginning and nothing.

The Mac version? I haven't heard much good about it. Pay the normal (high) price and get half the capability. That is not the definition of a good deal in my book.

What visual style are you working in?

Are you zoomed in on the objects you are working with?

Are you sure your just drawn circle is located properly?

sw isometric. 2d wireframe and yes i'm zoom on the object

you cant extrude anything in 2d wireframe can you?

im not sure if thats possible

try switching to shades of gray or conceptual

"Sades of Grey" is a visual style that can be found in AutoCAD 2011 or at least it can in the PC version. I have no idea if it is available in the Mac version.

Re: PressPull. Open a new drawing and switch to a 3D workspace. Draw two circles one inside the other. Extrude the larger one some negative value so it drops down. Now try using PressPull on the smaller circle and depress it into the larger circle. Can you get the command to work under these very limited/simple circumstances? By the way, in your original problem, is your UCS oriented correctly?

shade of grey is there. i tried your exercise but no result. If i've start again on a new drawing, should my ucs be automatically correctly orientated?

Your UCS will be World > Plan. X will be to the right, Y towards the top of your screen and Z pointing out the screen at the viewer.

I'm assuming you do know how to reorient the UCS when required, right?

For me, PressPull only works according to the instructions when Selection Preview is turned on Options > Selection > Selection Preview (SELECTIONPREVIEW = 2)

If SelectionPreview is off, I have to run PressPull and click inside the area (nothing happens) and then run PressPull again for AutoCAD to select the region, or CTRL+SHIFT+E while picking inside the area will get it on the first try.

For me, PressPull only works according to the instructions when Selection Preview is turned on Options > Selection > Selection Preview (SELECTIONPREVIEW = 2)

If SelectionPreview is off, I have to run PressPull and click inside the area (nothing happens) and then run PressPull again for AutoCAD to select the region, or CTRL+SHIFT+E while picking inside the area will get it on the first try.

That was it.

Thank you very much :D