Crash on Load

AFitchguy07

Acad worked fine up until last weekend. Nothing that I recall had changed or been added/removed. I start acad and it shows splash screen and opens the startup dialog where I select my template. It then proceeds to load, then tools disappear. I hear the chime of an error dialog, but no error dialog shows.

I checked ACD2011ENUAdlm for errors, and it's clean. I don't feel that it is a licensing error. I have also tried to repair/reinstall along with uninstall and reinstall without any luck.

Details (different than what is listed under "Computer Details" to left:

Windows 7 x64 Ult

ACAD 2011

Here are a couple of screenies (in order):

acad.jpg

acad2.jpg

Join the club: you and I are now the first two members, I run W7 + Acad2011 (both x64) and encounter several problems.

But I manage to stay alive, so let us try helping you now.

1. Is the screen frozen somehow? Or can you copy and paste the text here that is displayed in the command menu by pressing F2?

2. The taskmanager you show looks okay to me: mine looks almost the same.

Is it possible you have "somehow" deleted / altered your workspaces?

Check to the very right, on the down status bar, you see a wheel that is located left to to the lock symbol.

Click on it, what does it show?

..?

Join the club: you and I are now the first two members, I run W7 + Acad2011 (both x64) and encounter several problems.

But I manage to stay alive, so let us try helping you now.

1. Is the screen frozen somehow? Or can you copy and paste the text here that is displayed in the command menu by pressing F2?

2. The taskmanager you show looks okay to me: mine looks almost the same.

Is it possible you have "somehow" deleted / altered your workspaces?

Check to the very right, on the down status bar, you see a wheel that is located left to to the lock symbol.

Click on it, what does it show?

..?

Everything within the app is unclickable. Though it doesn't say it's unresponsive. It just acts as though it is hung with a dialog box (error perhaps) in the foreground, but i just can't see it. I do hear a chime after i select template or open file in startup dialog box.

You created a Restore Point when you first loaded AutoCAD didn't you? Please tell me you did.

No it didn't auto create one and i didn't think to do it.. it was installed a while back. Worked fine til last week.

Edited by AFitchguy07
ADD VIDEO