injection die parts

endlasuresh

I may want to know what type of parts exists in injection and what purpose they will be useful.I know some of them like ejector pins.

Please post with the images,name etc

thanks

Suresh

I have got some parts from google but please share your ideas or products etc

currently this i have got from google

Ejector pins, center pins, core pins, guide rails, sprue bushings

ok

So you design the parts then thats good.I had previously one image in another thread and it needs some parts.I dont know anything about this dies but i have idea how to make die.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?53568-cutting-component-from-drawing&p=363299&viewfull=1#post363299

here i am asking some help from you

their is 15mm space in middle in the above image.So for removing piece outside i have drawn two plates and they should have to move left and right to close,open.

I have to put the spring in between this plates and a pin should be used to move .please let me is this possible ?

I planned the pates sizes should be 5mm so i get a space o 5mm

let me know if you didnot understand my question.ill post images what i am asking

Im not really sure what you are asking endlasuresh. Are you asking if the parts you are drawing are able to be made with a die? Are these plastic pieces? Are they being molded or stamped?

well i have designed die but i am nnot understanding how to make tool for this

example

their are two square parts of equal size but this are only 5mm width each.they will be placed sideby side exactly same height etc.now before molding this pieces have to move right and left.I mean the right side plate should move to right one and the left side should move to left.

the place between two plates is also 5mm so the total space is 15mm.the above post you may seen the image it was a plastic component and ahve like this dimensions for the die.

i will post image here what i was asking let me know if you still not understand.

after molding the plates should move close to each other so the piece comes out.since in this plate their fills some plastic at bot sides.

sw2.JPG

before molding the plates should move like this.

sw.JPG

Im still having trouble understanding your question.

Are you designing parts to be molded?

Are you designing the mold?

What parts are you molding?

I think you are asking about draft angles but you are loosing me when you start talking about moving the blocks and tilting them. If you are trying to make a mold just post a picture of the part you wish to make and i will try to help you from there.

yes i am trying to move the blocks and this is inside die

anyway the component i am posting again here.the second image is the component and have to manufacture this,but the die had already failed because of this blocks movement.:ouch:

new.JPG

I looked it but got understood something like it was made for a die with two parts.half in one part and the other half in another part.

According to my question and product if i do like this then the piece wont come out from the die

or can you show me how to design whole part

The mold has to be in at least two parts. The part i uploaded is able to be removed from the die. I will take some screen shots of the draft analysis but in SW you can go to the Evaluation tab and click Draft Analysis. Pick a pull direction and enter a draft angle. That part was drawn with 1degree but i usually enter .5degree in the draft analysis. It will color the faces red, green and yellow depending on draft. Ill explain more tomorrow.

Alright here is a screen shot of the part with draft analysis on. The blue line is called the Parting Line. This is the spot where both mold halves would meet. I drew this part so one half of the mold is essentially a shut off. The green and red show you positive and negative draft. The colors are based on the pull direction i specify. In this case it is perpendicular to the flat faces. You can see the bottom part of the mold is all red(negative draft). The top part is all green.

If you go back through the features you will see how I extruded the first part, applied drafts to the faces in the direction I wanted to pull and then added fillets. The holes were extrude-cuts where i added a draft to them in the feature.

This is an extremely basic introduction and i can't go into every detail but there is a lot of info out there about plastic part design.

I did a quick search and came up with this.

http://www.ironcad.com/download/ironcad/tutorials/PlasticDesign.pdf

Its for a different cad program but it might give you an understanding.

Here is some basic design considerations.

http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/plastic_design/plastic_intro.cfm

DraftHelp.jpg

draftHelp2.jpg

draftHelp3.jpg

thanks matt

well the one which i was asking from begining is to move the plates.I have looked some dies on internet and offline too but the move only one direction and they have minimum space

here i am inserting to videos

In this videos you will watch that the plates move however they have more distance and they move only one side.

for the component which i posted before it has to move plates on both sides.I asked in the market but could not find such tools and it has very low distance space 15mm.

I am making presently hand mould die and it has six to eight parts and only one cavity.ill post the image which i drawn in morning.

I took a quick look at the video and the parts being made are much more complex. Your part(at least the one i drew) doesnt require any side pulls or special molds. Its a two part mold with a single pull only needing ejection pins. The angled pins in the section video are specifically for a side pull in the mold. The direction they move is related to space, it all has to do with the part. Are you saying you have a limited amount of space for your mold?

I am late to reply because of some work well which you drawn was a single part of component.chain.JPG.

your drawing was correct and the method was too correct however the probelm was occuring in between those middle two.I will post the other sample component of image tomorow which has only two.