Error Reading Configuration File?

mrummler

I am am getting an error that pops up when I try to access the Circuit Builder feature in AutoCAD Electrical 2011. It is telling me "The circuit configuration file could not be read: 'C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\autodesk\acade 2011\support\ace_circuit_builder.xls' Make sure the file contains data that is in the correct format."

Has anyone seen this before? I have navigated to the location it specifies and the file is there. Not sure exactly how the contents are supposed to look but the file opens without any errors.

Thank you for your help.

I first noticed it this morning. But it is not a feature I have used yet.

So far all I have been using AutoCAD for is modifying our existing drawings to reflect some of the variations we have in our equipment from customer to customer. We have slowed a bit here for the winter so I am taking the opportunity to better familiarize myself with this software. We have some new projects coming up and I will be creating new drawings and would like to be a bit more efficient.

The only thing different right now that I am trying to figure out is where my little tabs went on the lower left of the screen to change from model view to my page views. That, I am pretty sure, is something I did while exploring.

Other than that everything seems to be working normally.

• 3 years later...

Whats with this "ace_circuit_builder.xls" file?? how do I configure this one to use the circuit builder button?? what are the steps to find the way!!? :geek:

Thans for any help!!