2010 to 2011

bjenk8100

Hello,

I am still trying to get acquainted with 2011. In 2010 i had the pan hand icon on the bottom right part of task bar near model/paper space icon. Now in 2011, there is a dockable task bar but i just want the pan on bottom like before. Also, I do n0t know why it went off but when you drag the selection box while hitting left click i cannot see the selection box (used to be blue). Only thing i can think of is that it is set as black i dunno. I do not really know where to find settings for the selection box that is used to highlight objects. I will continue to look around for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

tnx

1. Status bar "pan" control moved to the NAVBAR, as you mentioned. AFAIK, there is no way to add it to the status bar in 2011.

2. Go to Options > Selection > Visual Effect Settings > Area Selection Effect

You could always add it (Pan) to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

It is just a right-click away via the Shortcut menu. Do you really need it on-screen at all?

yea just have to get use to using it in right click

also,

i have been messing around with some of the snaps and cycling and some how all contraints are shown when i draw . Anyone know how to automanically hide the constraints without Xing them out.

You have a severe case of clickitis. Perhaps it is wise to see a doctor.

Sounds like you happened upon the Parametric tab > Geometric panel. How about Hide all geometric constraints?